Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do you also sell equipment?

A: We sell a select range of accessories, such as flashes and some lenses, all carefully selected to complement our courses; and supplies, such as memory cards. We also sell flash accessories like radio triggers and the Honl Photo flash modifiers, and various other useful add-ons. Come take a look in the store to see the range.

Q: Can you scan and reproduce my old photos?

A: Certainly! We can scan, edit, improve your old photos, negatives, or slides, and then print them or provide them as files. Prices depend on your requirements and on the state of the original, and range from $2 to $95.

Q: And what about slides or negatives?

A: No problem! We do quality scans of slides and negatives—and in most formats.

Q: And what about video or 8mm movie film?

A: Yes, we can convert your VHS video, 8mm movie reels, 8mm video, and more.  See the price list for details.

Q: Can I print my photos from my phone?

A: Certainly. We may have to help you get them off the phone, and even convert them to standard JPG format - and that's why we are there!

Q: Can you print my photos?

A: Certainly! From prints on the Kodak photo print machines to hand-made Giclée prints, and from glossy 4x6 to Acrylic 24x36" prints, we can do them for you—and in perfect quality for a permanent museum-quality result.

Q: Can you fix my photos before we print them?

A: Certainly! I will gladly crop to size, color-adjust and do other minor fixes to your photos before printing. This way you get something better than your usual iphone shot! Depending on the work involved, we charge you between "nothing" and $4.95 per photo for this work.

Q: What are your qualifications as a teacher?

A: I have been teaching for over a decade; as a professor at Sheridan College in Oakville, and before that at Vistek and at Henry's, for all of whom I wrote courses. As an engineer and artist, I address both the technical and artistic aspects of photography, and I am very good at explaining complicated subjects in a simple and understandable way. I write books, too, with the same qualities. This is the best time ever to be a photographer, and I am passionate about teaching the skills you need to bring out the artist in you.

Q: Do you do passport and ID photos?

A: Certainly! Passports for most countries; visa applications, firearms licenses, security guard licenses: we do them all. More importantly: we take pride in our work and do them well. They take about 10 minutes to do, and no appointment is necessary (but if you want to make sure you'll be served quickly, it is always possible to call ahead). Please avoid white or very bright clothing.

Q: Do you do ID photos for India/Australia/The Netherlands/Nigeria/etc etc, too?

A: Certainly!

Q:  And do you do passport photos of babies, too?

A: Certainly! Please allow some extra time for these. Please avoid white or very bright clothing.

Q: What is a Giclée print, anyway?

A: Giclée is a term used to describe prints handmade on professional printers using pigments on photo-quality or museum-quality papers. These prints look brilliant and rich, and will last for centuries.